The Rock of Liberty

The Rock of Liberty is a blog dedicated to the restoration of our Constitutional Republic.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I want to be free

Our dog ran away on Sunday. Only for like 15 seconds, but boy was he off to the races in the great outdoors. My girlfriend loves Reggie. She rescued him. And she was in full blown panic mode. To be honest, so was I. He's a great dog. So I hauled major ass to go catch him because I didn't want him to run away, but even more so because I didn't want him to get hit by a car while consumed by his God-given desire to be free.

We all want to be free. At least, people who truly understand freedom desire to be truly free. I can imagine what it means to be truly free. I can imagine a country with clean elections and politicians and countrymen that don't actively suborn voter fraud. I can imagine money that has real value that cannot be manipulated by a few greedy, horrible human beings who steal from their fellow Americans. We call those guys the Federal Reserve. I can imagine being unafraid to speak my mind, but the truth is people with my views have been labeled a potential terrorist threat by "my" homeland security chief, Janet "Adolf" Napolitano. Funny, I don't recall electing her. And yet, somehow she has the power to label me an enemy of the state just because I happen to believe in the US Constitution. Doesn't she believe in the US Constitution?

I can imagine real economic liberty, where private property is respected and the rule of law prevails. Businesses are private property; government regulation of business is the coercive acquisition of ownership interest in a private organization. Government has very little authority on which to acquire private property, with the notable exception of eminent domain, public usage, and just compensation. Aren't those the constitutional principles the Supreme Court upheld in Kelo v New London? Do you know about Kelo v New London? If not, I highly recommend you look into it. Especially if you own a house.

I can imagine living in a nation where my wages are respected as private property too, just as the Founders intended. Wages are property, and income taxation creates the illusion that government has first right to what I have secured through the sweat of my brow. That's what I and many others believe. Are we not free to believe that, and to live under a system like that? I can imagine being allowed to choose freely to live under the rules established by the Founding Fathers, and not having that right forcibly taken from me without my consent.

I can imagine living in a country with a government that doesn't cover my hands in blood due to the taxpayer funded genocide of the unborn. I can imagine having a president that doesn't lie to my face about this parcel of his socialized medicine scheme that I did not consent to, and now will be forced to enter. Yes, forced.

I can imagine living in a country where big government, big banks and big business aren't colluding to screw over the American people while stealing our money. That's what the bailouts were: theft. From you and me. I can imagine living in a country where our politicians actually do what is best for the American people. "Free trade" agreements are not in the interests of the American people. Millions of jobs have been destroyed because of these insidious, destructive pieces of trash foisted upon us by our "elites". Our own people are losing their homes and worse because of "free trade" agreements, yet this is considered by our government to be in our best interests?

I can imagine living in a country that isn't making the world dangerous via reckless, illegal military interventionism, a grotesque practice decried by our nations founders. I can imagine living in a country that doesn't sell its young into bondage to make life a little more "secure" now through "entitlement" programs. I can imagine living side by side with virtuous people who don't feel "entitled" to anything, especially that which is mine.

Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence that the only legitimate role of government is to secure our natural rights. My conscience is under assault every moment of every day, coerced into submission by the US federal government, a government first instituted to secure my unalienable rights. In truth, I can only image what it is like to be truly free because I realize how free I am not. Just like Reggie when he took off down the road in a desire to be free, so too do I have a desire to be free. To live out my conscience free from coercion, and to be free to do and to live as I please so long as I do not violate the same rights of my fellow man.

I want to be free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home